Installation 7.0.5MD Version on 4.0.6 medianav
This version was created by the French forum, in 7.0.5 is not an official update NOT turns Medianav (MN1) to Medianav Evolution (MN2). This step will void the warranty and the author of this article, this site or the forum are not responsible for any kind of problem. All via the guide, should be no problem.
- No compatibility with MENACO, anyone who wants to try this update must first remove Menaco.
The move to 7.0.5MD and allowed starting from version 4.0.6 or 6.0.3MD, during the installation phase may be applicable unlock code
if you have 2.x.x or 4.x.x you must update to 4.0.6. Download file from here and update as any update
All other installed mod compatible with 6.0.3 and 4.0.6 may need to be updated but are functioning
We will have to bring a USB key 2GB or 4GB FAT32 formatted. Attention some key models are poorly recognized by the medianav (although sometimes they work to read on mp3). It may be necessary to change key model in case of installation problems.
preferably always use the USB key brand SanDisk
- Extract the contents to a folder of the downloaded file.
- Take the upgrade.lgu file in the folder “ 7.0.5MD.rar“.
- Put it in a USB FAT32 formatted .
- Insert the USB with the file in the browser and thus turn on the machine.
- Accept the proposed update screen and press “ Update “
- Wait for the navigation system is turned on and check the version.
If the update is offered again, ignore it by pressing the home button.
It can happen that the browser does not control the functions in paragraph RESET at the bottom.
You will also need to search the radio stations if they are not present .
- Stop the engine, disconnect the USB and go back to your PC.
- Remove the “upgrade.lgu” files from USB.
Restore to 4.0.6:
To restore the 4.0.6 version simply download this file DOWNLOAD and follow the usual procedure:
Take the “upgrade.lgu” file and put t in a USB FAT32 formatted .
Insert the USB with the file in the browser and thus turn on the machine.
Accept the update proposed on-screen and wait for yet proposed the update (DO NOT turn off the engine, in medianav may restart).
Stop the engine, disconnect the USB and go back to your PC.
Re-format the USB.